Rigid Couplings are made of machined aluminium, they can be fit/connect to two linear shafts/rod when they perfectly co-linear and will help reduce binding effects
A coupling is a device used to connect two shafts together at their ends for the purpose of transmitting power. Couplings do not normally allow disconnection of shafts during operation, however there are torque limiting couplings which can slip or disconnect when some torque limit is exceeded.
Product Pack Contains
- Flexible Coupling x 1 No.
- Grub Screw x 2 No.
|Type||Set Screw Rigid Coupling|
|Surface Finish||Anodised Plain|
|Model||Outer Dia (OD)||Length (L)||Screw Offset (L2)||Shaft Diameter 1 (ID1)||Shaft Diameter 2 (ID2)||Grub Screw Size (M)|
|5X5||19 mm||25 mm||4 mm||5 mm||5 mm||M4x4|
|5X8||19 mm||25 mm||4 mm||5 mm||5 mm||M4x4|
|6.35X6.35||19 mm||25 mm||4 mm||6.35 mm||6.35 mm||M4x4|
|5X6.35||19 mm||25 mm||4 mm||5 mm||6.35 mm||M4x4|
|8X6.35||19 mm||25 mm||4 mm||8 mm||6.35 mm||M4x4|
|8X8||19 mm||25 mm||4 mm||8 mm||8 mm||M4x4|
Application and Uses
- To provide for the connection of shafts of units that are manufactured separately such as a motor and generator and to provide for disconnection for repairs or alterations.
- To reduce the transmission of shock loads from one shaft to another.
- To introduce protection against overloads.
- To alter the vibration characteristics of rotating units.
- To connect driving and the driven part